How can i tell if my XS400 is a restricted model?

Outlaw
This post is 4113 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Hi all

I've seen some diffrences in data on the Yamaha XS 400. Some models (from EU) have 27hp and some have 38hp.

Does anyone know how i can tell if my bike is one of the restricted ones? And how are they restricted? Is it possible to remove?

Mine is a 1980 XS400

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

Hi Outlaw if you post an intro in the new members WELCOME area, just say Hi and a bit about yourself!

if your not sure what to say, Have a look what other new member have written in said Welcome area

its considered a bit rude not to. Also if you post questions of this nature you will get a must better response in the workshop forum.

as to your question I don't know! but there will be someone on here who does

good luck with your bike

hey outlaw I was hoping that someone with such a cool name and had taken the time to add an avatar pic

could take some friendly advice from a fellow xs400 owner. I'm sure if you gave this site a chance you'd find it very rewarding

the'res a wealth of information on here and they are without exception a great bunch, I would just like to say its never to late to do an intro and I'm sure you'd get a warm welcome.

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online