Brilliant

Grouch
This post is 4122 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Spend all year round riding, snow, sleet, constant rain, extreme cold and as soon as summer comes my bike is fucked.

Fucking typical.

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

I am trying to resist saying it---- !!! :jossun:

I am trying to resist saying it---- !!! :jossun:

well I Can't anyone with half a brain would have fixed it bye now, It must over a month now and you still haven't even took the clutch cover off to have a look, seem's to me you invite comment's like this, pay more attention to your bike and less to provoking comment's that make people feel sorry for you, get your F#kin act together grouch

I got that fed up with it I lost interest for a few weeks and then I had to order some nuts and bolts to keep the gear lever and kick start on when riding it to my friends for him to look at it. There's no point in me starting to take it apart when I don't know what I'm doing. I have looked in my Haynes and it looks confusing. I would end up causing more damage. I suppose I can take the cover off and just look.

Hmmm. Come on grouchy just drain the oil= warm engine take off filler cap take off drain plug have a cuppa n watch footy while it drains.

Un do some bolts and look in side. dont need a Haynes manwell to do that. Then take some pics and post them on here for us to look at it.

Ive stripped my bike down to just and engine and a frame within 2 hours and my Haynes Manuel was 4 miles away at the wifes dads house.

Get on with it man

Its honestly not that difficult, youll be laughing once youve done it.

Well done Grouch, not before time but better late than never mate. :jossun:

Right o will check back in july.......:)

How do you think i feel there is cock all wrong with mine but i will be lucky if i can ride it to squires in sept.

Be at least another fortnight b4 i try riding again. Had a go last week and was a little too early.... ouch.

Cynic, did you find out anything about the mod to the clutch? Is hydraulic an option?

Right o will check back in july.......:)

How do you think i feel there is cock all wrong with mine but i will be lucky if i can ride it to squires in sept.

Be at least another fortnight b4 i try riding again. Had a go last week and was a little too early.... ouch.

Better make it August just to be on the safe side.

Haha

Cynic, did you find out anything about the mod to the clutch? Is hydraulic an option?

Yes mate this is what im thinking of using with a period correct clutch master cyl. May end up using one of theirs though.

Have a look....

http://www.venhill.co.uk/Magura_Clutch_Conversion/Yamaha/

grouch if you cant do and ya close enough id come down and help ya

iv brought a hydrolic clutch system for mine only problem is the slave cylinder has no bleed nipple and it needed all new washers and fluid

im gonna give it a go tomoro its been set up to go on for a couple of weeks now

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online