New Member with Fork Swap Question

shillow
This post is 3987 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Hi everyone, new member to this forum. Looking for info on swapping out front forks on a 1975 MX 125B that I'm working on restoring. The forks I have are pretty pitted and rusty in the travel area so I was hoping to do a fork swap but haven't been able to find any real info online regarding what will fit, either the entier fork swap including tripple tree or just the tubes themselves. Does anyone have any references or info on what will fit?

Thanks for any info you can provide.

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

Well if you are doing a restoration the forks would have to be the same model, you could get the tubes re-ground or check with Yamaha as they still maybe available with the seals.

If you mean repair/fix up to get it back on the road you may need the yokes as well so you know all the spacings are correct.

Ok, well I am planning on doing a restoration of the bike but I'm not opposed to different model forks especially if it will be cheaper than the 300 to 400$ if gotten on a regrind and hard chroming of my originals. Also haven't seen much on ebay for the 125 that doesn't have pitting. Some are better than mine but no really great. If I know other models that will work that will broaden the pool I have to pick from. Any info on what bolts on to the frame and works with the original hub?

Thank you.

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online