illegal or not? :S

woodburnyq50
This post is 4120 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Well am just a tyre away from been road legal and my question is would it be illegal or legal to listen to music via earphones while riding? Both by law and in the way of been distracted not been able to hear surroundings

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

Just think. Cage driver listen to music (some very loud) is that illegal? can they hear their surroundings? are they distracted?

No its not illegal. I have tried to listen to music on the bike but i have an open faced lid and all i get is wind noise.

So crack on mate, just be a little more observant of whats going on around you

The tire that's fitted is totally bald so deffo a quick change, and got a motocross style helmet and didn't get much wind noise before and I have the earphones that go inside ya ear to reduce this noise aswell, just didn't want to do it if it turned out to be illegal, thanks guys

I have one of these BLUETOOTH thingy's in my lid, can listen to music or answer the phone, for all I know it makes tea and looks out for speed traps but and it's a big BUT can be distracting especially when riding close up with traffic, so find a way that you can turn the volume down when you need to, my lid has a button thing that turns up or down but you have to take your hands off the bars to use it. as Noise says not illegal and can help if you get bored but to be honest if your bored when your riding your bike your doing something wrong!!! :jossun:

I have one of those Bluetooth devices, can control my iPhone with hands free dialing, listen to music, built in radio and again when in close traffic of local riding can be very distracting and pretty dodgy, but worst of all it has a full duplex rider to wife communication which is the worst kind of distraction and can in itself cause serious injury if you happen to accidentally pass comment on a random pedestrians sexy touche in error thinking your saying it under your breath :eusa_whistle:

The wife listens to music when she rides or drives.
Tried it a few times myself and is great with a bit of Gary Numan (Sacrifice album) slamming out as you cruise through town... but pretty useless above 40-50mph, unless you have a LOUD sound system *and* an ultra-quiet Schuberth lid or something.

About the only noise I allow is directions from the Magic Box. Besides, I'm usually listening to what my engine is doing, which possibly explains why I outride the wife most of the time!

when I do which isn't very often i put one in I don't feel the need

and it takes to many attempts to get your splat hat on

go for a over ear (like the 2 way radios for bikes) or the foam inner type

but you need a good set

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online