xvs 650 or xv535

gizmo666
This post is 3927 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Only thing that comes a close 2nd in the worst things to have between your legs is Dale Winton.

Let's hear you say that when I put a BT125-5 between yours... you'll be begging for a Virago to escape on!! :D

To top it off they are mostly always sold with with studded saddle bags, fly screens AND TASSLES!!!!!! whats the deal?

You're supposed to remove them and sell them on eBay to recoup your money/fund more custom parts!!

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

Back on track,

The xv535 is bollocks, looks like the aftermath of a prostitutes fanny fart and handles like a sloppy shit in colender. Only thing that comes a close 2nd in the worst things to have between your legs is Dale Winton.

To top it off they are mostly always sold with with studded saddle bags, fly screens AND TASSLES!!!!!! whats the deal?

Sorry couldn't hold it in :eusa_whistle:

noise you should know the saddlebags and the tassles are worth more than the fuckin virago

NOW GIZMO HAS ALREADY SPOKEN ON THIS

THE VIRAGO IS SHIT UP AGAINST A DRAGSTAR

thats just my opinion and as i had stripped and lightened my virago to try and gain more power(which just isnt there)

the general concencus was you cant polish a turd........................

as for the harley debate

i ride beside them every day and no 750 cruiser stands a chance of catching up with one

i've seen a 1340 harley outrun a sports bike

sometimes its not only the bike but the rider who knows how to handle it

as for the harley debate

i ride beside them every day and no 750 cruiser stands a chance of catching up with one

What like this one? think its been posted here before

• Like 1

What like this one? think its been posted here before

OMG, how thin are his legs??!!

Even mine aren't that bad... well, maybe.

In a Drag (pun intended) race, no chance. Not unless the Harley rider is a butterfly.

I'd say a lot more of it is down to the rider than people think. Most 125s should outride my bikes through traffic, but my confidence, balls/stupidity and familiarity with my bike's capabilities beats their manoeuvrability.

I did our local MC's Poker Run a couple of times - First lot were fuckin' INSANE bastards. Not once did they drop below 90, not for a single thing. The second time was a much larger group and they had the forethought to have outriders stopping traffic at junctions, but I still won no prizes for my speed!!

ive seen that video its a great one. Luv it. Yeh 90% down to the rider, I never get beaten from the traffic lights on my warrior, ever! I hardly ever get beaten when Im on my winter banger either lol. I love embarressing guys who pull up alongside you reving their sports bikes looking to leave you in their summer rider dust! I got a nice nod of respect from 2guys on ninjas for beating them both TWICE on two consecutive sets of lights on a dual carriagway. First set I got the drop on them and took them by suprise, second set they were looking for revenge for being dusted by an er500 but got owned again! Theyre just scared of the power, worried about flipping their bikes. Faster they try and pull away the worse their launches get!

Thing that makes me laugh every time with that vid, haveyou seen how much the copper rider has to lift the gear lever to get first from neutral!!! Ha ha.

I know they are shit bikes but I really wantt to own a hardly,

noise you should know the saddlebags and the tassles are worth more than the fuckin virago

NOW GIZMO HAS ALREADY SPOKEN ON THIS

THE VIRAGO IS SHIT UP AGAINST A DRAGSTAR

thats just my opinion and as i had stripped and lightened my virago to try and gain more power(which just isnt there)

the general concencus was you cant polish a turd........................

as for the harley debate

1. The 535is a lot faster off the line than a 650, the engine is less cc but its a lot lighter.

2. If you think any Harley could outrun a basic midrange sports bike, you clearly are a raging cruiser fanboy.

Back on track,

The xv535 is bollocks, looks like the aftermath of a prostitutes fanny fart and handles like a sloppy shit in colender. Only thing that comes a close 2nd in the worst things to have between your legs is Dale Winton.

Sorry couldn't hold it in :eusa_whistle:

Every Dragqueen 650 I've seen in public has had a faggy leather tank cover and tassled saddlebags on it. Maybe a screen to top it off, can't have a bit of a blow on your helmet can you? Unless its a bloke doing it lol

1. The 535is a lot faster off the line than a 650, the engine is less cc but its a lot lighter.

2. If you think any Harley could outrun a basic midrange sports bike, you clearly are a raging cruiser fanboy.

1/. Then either I'm a fucking brilliant rider, or every 535 I've ridden alongside has had a really shit pilot...

2/. Doesn't Virago mean shouty, boisterous woman trying to emulate a man, or something? Coincidence?

Hint: Raging cruiser fanboys ought not to throw stones at other raging cruiser fanboys, especially on a raging Yamaha fanboy forum...

Every Dragqueen 650 I've seen in public has had a faggy leather tank cover and tassled saddlebags on it. Maybe a screen to top it off, can't have a bit of a blow on your helmet can you? Unless its a bloke doing it lol

Funny, I could say the exact same thing about faggy little 535 riders... 'cept the Viggie's leather tank cover is actually called a bra!! :lol:

Besides, I have photographic proof that my Drags lack tank bra, tassles and screen. Hell, even my chrome has gone unpolished for at least a year... maybe longer.

Also, just something I should probably point out...

"im considering an xvs650."

"ill probably sell the bike and hopefully get a Drag by summer."

"I think the Draggie is the answer, prefereably a Classic because i love the huge front tyre and forks. And the classic fenders on them,"

"Plus i LOVE the look of the 650 classic, especially in black/grey."

All them are quotes from EazyDuz's earlier forum posts ;)

I'm just winding you up because this thread has resorted to some really lame, petty comments thrown at both bikes, so troll the trolls.

I appreciate both bikes, and mine has done about 4000 miles now with no problems, all i think it lacks is a little leg room.

Regarding the Virago definition, well Dragstar isn't far off this:

http://flitparalisante.files.wordpress.com/2013/07/as-duas-faces-drag-queen-17.jpg

Also check MCN for specs of both bikes, the 535 is statistically faster. Which isnt surprising when the Drag weighs more than a tractor.

I've also never known someone to 'pilot' a motorcycle. And when you see another motorcycle on the road, it doesn't automatically mean he is racing you, but if he did, the 535 would win hands down as its lighter.

Yeah, but your wind-up is irrelevant because a Honda Black Widow 750 (basically a Shadow, but with some unspecified differences that makes it faster) can whup any other bike on the road... apparently!! :lol:

There's no trolling here... just piss-taking of what ended up being a silly question. This is a Yamaha forum. Any Yamaha is the best, as far as we're concerned... and we're not very, at that. As you said, both bikes are fine. Some people disagree.

Pilot (aviator) is more a term applied to riders of big, fast bikes like Sports Tourers. But since it also applies to the pilot of a big, slow cruiser ships, it might as well apply to big slow Cruiser bikes as well!!

Virago means various things, depending on what point in history you're reading.

If you wanna argue pure specs, I believe the Drag's slightly lower torque kicks in at notably lower revs (4.5-5k), which is why it is faster off the line.

Averaging the specs out from 11 different reviews:

535 - 43.81HP (32.1kW) @ 7500rpm with 48.00 Nm (35.4 ft.lbs) @ 6000rpm

650 - 39.42HP (28.8kW) @ 6500rpm with 50.10 Nm (37.0 ft.lbs) @ 5000rpm

Incidentally, you can forget ANYTHING that MCN says. It stands for More Crap than News and is basically the same made up tabloid bollocks as The Sun newspaper, but with more tits and less bare breasts.

Out of interest, what is the 0-60 of a smaller cruiser, eg a 535 or 650?

I know sportsbikes (the Cat is ~3.6secs) and I know what a bigger cruiser can do (the 1300 Star will apparently do it in 4.5secs) but what are the little ones like?

I had a friend at Uni who had a 535 and used to speak of beating Imprezas from the lights. That seems somewhat optimistic to me, but he might be right?

My 650 draggy dose 0-60 in 0.3secs.

I knew you could get some aftermarket stuff for cruisers, but didn't realise it extended to booster rockets! :thumb:

My 650 draggy dose 0-60 in 0.3secs.

only after a curry haha

haha you've never ridden an xvs yet have you

No tank bra on my bike, nor is there any chrome, to be fair every non essentual item on my bike has been removed, and i shall continue to remove the crap off my bike till it only just passes an MOT. Once my bank ballance recovers from me buying a new crank etc even the frame will have a new look and a nice 40 DCOE weber carb installed along with other trick bits.

Only time there will be tassles on my bike is if the wife sticks a set on her tits for a blast round the block

only after a curry haha

haha you've never ridden an xvs yet have you

Yes, and it was sluggish. Which is unsurprising when it weighs about 40 kilo more than the 535 with an engine which reaches peak torque at lower revs, which means nothing if its so much heavier. Thats not far off having an extra person on it.

Out of interest, what is the 0-60 of a smaller cruiser, eg a 535 or 650?

The properly ridden figure is 7 seconds on the 650.

Timed, I've done it in just over 5 seconds, averaging 5.3 using stock pipes, a leaner mix, a steady build of throttle and clutchless upshifting, running on the Avon Venoms' superior grip. Only turned it back to richer as it killed the fuel economy.

The biggest key is a warm engine, with the right balance of throttle increase. Too much and it will be sluggish, too little and it will be slow.

You should expect to beat most unmodded cars off the line and easily hit 50 before they do. Powerful Chelsea Tractors driven by nutty, competitive women are a problem, as they just about keep pace but will try and bully you off the road, which is a performance-reducing distraction.

Good Sports bikes should breach the 3 second barrier. My old FJ1200 Sports-Tourer does it in 2.8, apparently. So far I've been too busy going WWWWWWWWWWWWOOOWWWWWWWWW to actually count. :lol: