XV125 - Modification to have wider rear wheel :)

Kelum
This post is 3992 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Hiya Guys,

What changes would you have to make to your existing xv125 to have wider rear wheel, and may be matchingly wider front wheels too...?

I know the swing arm should be wider to accommodate the big wheel...

To widen the front sprocket arm and you gonna need some trick..

Has anyone done this mod? pls advice..Thanks..

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

Hi mate, it's probably more work than its worth especially for a 125. With the extra grip and weight of the wheels you will loose acceleration and top end speed as the motor will not have the grunt to pull the bike along.

Any who if you really wanted to do it then the swing arm needs to be wider, sprockets need to be pushed out on a proper arm, as for a bigger front wheel then wide slab yokes needs to be bought and possibly new steering head bearings.

But again with such a small engine the loss out weighs the gains

Hi mate, it's probably more work than its worth especially for a 125. With the extra grip and weight of the wheels you will loose acceleration and top end speed as the motor will not have the grunt to pull the bike along.

Any who if you really wanted to do it then the swing arm needs to be wider, sprockets need to be pushed out on a proper arm, as for a bigger front wheel then wide slab yokes needs to be bought and possibly new steering head bearings.

But again with such a small engine the loss out weighs the gains

Thanks for the response mate, I thought the same anyways...I will see what's possible...are those tires very much heavy? Friction should be low though cos the area that touches the ground is very small...I dont know of the weight...

Its a beautiful mod mate...:):(

yer i agree its a nice mod, but its not with out its flaws.

Sadly even tho the amount for rubber that will be on the road is minimal it will still be more than what was designed for the bike to handle and the grip will be a lot more.

How big are you thinking of going? If your only going for a few inches wider then you should be ok, but with the extremes of changing the swing arm, sprockets etc etc it really will not be worth it mate. Better off getting a bigger bike with more grunt to cope with the extra every thing this mod will bring

yer i agree its a nice mod, but its not with out its flaws.

Sadly even tho the amount for rubber that will be on the road is minimal it will still be more than what was designed for the bike to handle and the grip will be a lot more.

How big are you thinking of going? If your only going for a few inches wider then you should be ok, but with the extremes of changing the swing arm, sprockets etc etc it really will not be worth it mate. Better off getting a bigger bike with more grunt to cope with the extra every thing this mod will bring

I agree...

There was a capacity limit for bikes in Sri Lanka, recently it was lifted, but still I dont see bigger bikes on the road...

Honda steeds (400cc) and rarely xv400, xv535 and XV750 are there, most are unregistered or registered as 250cc bikes..

Wht about widening 1.5" from each side...will it kill the bike?

thanks...

my bike has a widened swing arm

the swing arm rear wheel an brake are sach xtc (it nows runs rear disc brake)

if I remember the rear tyre is 140

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online