Them Pesky Flies

iandouglas
This post is 4128 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Advice please

went through a lot of woodland today and into swarms of horrible bugs

having heard mention of baby wipes on here I stopped to see if I could buy some at a village shop

but they only had facial wipes which leave a smeary mark on my visor/headlight afterwards

so I bought a household cleaning cloth off the shop and got it wet from a neighbouring filling station

and used that

what do you do about the dreaded insects?

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

First KEEP YOUR MOUTH SHUT! then soap and water, you could try and dodge them I suppose but you would look like some one with St vitas dance or the drummer off of the Muppets. :rofl:

What's the first thing that goes through a bugs mind when he hits your visor?

His arse.

• Like 1

Lidl W5 spectacle cleaning cloths, brill!

IMGP0260_zpsf14065cc.jpg

Bloody hell Ian how many flies are we talking about here? A box of 50 cleaning cloths would do me about 5 years!!! I think mike just wants to make you FLUFF free. :biglaugha::biglaugha::biglaugha:

soap and water, ive got a rubber blade on the back of my HG gloves that do a pretty good job of keeping the visor clear

Iv'e got one of them Steve,

IMGP0261_zpsd9cab617.jpg

but it's only good in the rain to clear your visor like a windscreen wiper. It's no good in dry weather to cleat insects.

Lidl W5 spectacle cleaning cloths, brill!

IMGP0260_zpsf14065cc.jpg

we have a box of these in the house and i must say they are very good for removing any bugs, mud, grease or general crap off your visor or goggles.

Bloody hell Ian how many flies are we talking about here? A box of 50 cleaning cloths would do me about 5 years!!! I think mike just wants to make you FLUFF free. :biglaugha::biglaugha::biglaugha:

They are multi-functional Slice, I do use them to clean my spectacles as well. :lol:

of course the worse thing is when you have your helmet open a tad and one gets in, aggh - how did people ever manage without helmets though, hit a big insect at 60 or so and it makes quite a bang.

Not as big as the pheasant that hit me on the helmet, nearly lost control, only doing 15 to 20, felt like it weighed 5 stone

Fairy liquid and warm water gets bugs off my visor brilliantly.

Ian, see my post "Suzuki 400" I have the perfect new forum name for you in the last part especially if your covered in dead fly guts. :rofl:

Not as big as the pheasant that hit me on the helmet, nearly lost control, only doing 15 to 20, felt like it weighed 5 stone

This happened to me too ..... Friggin stupid birds aren't they?

I carry nikwax visor proof spray and a cloth in my tank bag. I was cynical about whether this stuff would repel the rain well but it really is excellent. It's also a great cleaning product for bugs etc .... In fact I used it for that very reason when heading up to the north west 200 recently. Well worth spending a few scoobies on.

what a waste of time the NW200 was this year :(

I started riding open face and although the bugs do sting a bit, you soon get used to it, now rain, that bloody hurts till your face goes numb