Yamaha FZX 750 has any had one ?

paul-666
This post is 3429 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

http://img.webike.net/mm/newbike/908fzx750_1986/fzx750_1986.jpg

There is not a lot of info on this bike and I love the look of it for an older bike this is all I could find

The Yamaha FZX750 was a motorcycle made in Japan from the early 1980s until the mid-1990s, although was only imported as a non grey import into the UK in the 1980s. The US version was known as the FZX-700 Fazer, and was imported only in 1986 and 1987.

Its engine was a retuned version of the four-stroke DOHC twenty-valve four-cylinder inline engine found in the FZ750, producing ten BHP less than the 105 of the sports model, but having a stronger midrange.

Designed as a custom, it featured an almost solid rear wheel, low seat, and more chrome than would normally be expected. Unusually, it had downdraft carburettors built into the design of the thirteen-litre tank.

Frequently referred to as the mini or baby Yamaha V-Max due to a slight similarity in style, it could hold its own against the larger more powerful bike, due to its far lower weight and twenty-valve aspiration.

Its current values remain high, due to its attractive un aging style, and the seat being low enough for shorter riders.

• 5 months later...

Hey Paul, just stumbled across your post. Still considering one? I have baby max '86. What do you want to know? :)

I don't have experience of riding large scale of bikes so I cannot compare. All I can say is that FZX750 engine is an absolute beast. The bike is heavy which the year would indicates. Low seat creates comfort, even though the riding possition is rather straight so I have problems 'holding on' when I want to go really fast. The biggest weakness on this bike, so well known about 'maxes' (what was Yahama thinking???), are the forks and swing arm. This bike could do with sturdier ones in both cases, and if you look at mods online, those are the most common changes people go for (www.fzx750.co.uk). Basically the bike can 'wave' a little in turns. Luckily there are lots of suggestions online and plenty of compatible parts to do the job.

Also the tank capacity is laughable (13l!!) but you learn keep that in mind, it's not a problem.

I love my bike and would not change it for the world. Parts are not as frequently available as newer years, but they are not impossible to get hold of.

Let me know if you need anything else.

And let me know if you get one :D

It is a very sext looking bike same as the Vmax, makes my winky cry with joy just looking at them

• 9 months later...

I have one second hand it was used by the Japanese police model 1989 and drive only 40 thuosnd k/m it's a very nice bike but the problem is with the electrocution I need to remove the police part completely and after that I can fix the electric, but you know what until know I don't find anyone can beat me at the green light ;) the king of the road

A friend of ours had one, he said it was comfy but felt a bit floppy in the corners... Decent amount of power through the rev range but apparently felt flat from 6k onwards..

Could be a one off i guess in terms of the flat spot??

• 1 month later...

I don't find anyone can beat me at the green light ;) the king of the road

Burst your bubble" :eusa_whistle: but looks like the Yam reels him in by the end,

http://youtu.be/KeHU2BzTJJU

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online