uk members, where do you get carb spares?

EazyDuz
This post is 4138 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Where do you get your spares from?
Looking for a pilot screw set for my 1990 535, got quoted £30 from a yam dealer. Disgusting for what it is.
Seen them online for £15, why are the prices so different as they are both genuine Yamaha parts?

Also considered from the US but shipping again is extortionate.
Where is the cheapest place? Pretty sure its this that is correct for my bike:

http://www.yamahamotorcyclespares.co.uk ... 0000&uid=0

Thanks

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

WEMOTO can be quite good but you will still have to pay postage on your order, all you can do is give them a try, there is a place in Bristol that some on here use by can't for the life of me remember what it's called :crazy: (getting old!) someone will tell you the name if you stick around. :jossun:

dealers all time ask for more, some because they offer free install but most just because they try to win some easy money. they buy with 15, and sell you with 30 :)

found that but not sure if is compatible with your bike (they say is for US bikes models) and I know nothing about shiping prices... anyway take a look here

http://www.motosport.com/cruiser/oem-parts/YAMAHA/1990/VIRAGO-535-_-XV535/CARBURETOR-NON-CALIFORNIA-MODEL/PILOT-SCREW-SET/12R-14105-00-00

dealers all time ask for more, some because they offer free install but most just because they try to win some easy money. they buy with 15, and sell you with 30 :)

found that but not sure if is compatible with your bike (they say is for US bikes models) and I know nothing about shiping prices... anyway take a look here

http://www.motosport.com/cruiser/oem-parts/YAMAHA/1990/VIRAGO-535-_-XV535/CARBURETOR-NON-CALIFORNIA-MODEL/PILOT-SCREW-SET/12R-14105-00-00

How did you find that? When i ran the search i choose UK websites only as i dont want to buy overseas, maybe google filtered that one out?

Cheapest ive seen it anyway so thank you

granby's, motoward you need the part number though

Allens are the Mikuni carb dealers based in liverpool

granby's, motoward you need the part number though

Allens are the Mikuni carb dealers based in liverpool

Alens are in Notts mate, It's motocarb in Liverpool...Both mikuni suppliers :thumb:

Dont forget NRP though in Manchester ;)

How did you find that? When i ran the search i choose UK websites only as i dont want to buy overseas, maybe google filtered that one out?

Cheapest ive seen it anyway so thank you

I guess the site is not from UK, I search on google.co.uk but I don`t sort. when I get here, I recive a mesage some like UK customers can buy from they... but, I take just a shoort look, I don`t know where they are, and how much the shiping will cost you... be carefull... also i`m not sure if is what you need lol

Alens are in Notts mate, It's motocarb in Liverpool...Both mikuni suppliers :thumb:

Dont forget NRP though in Manchester ;)

it was off the top of me bonce Paul :)

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online