What kind of bike mileage do you do?

iandouglas
This post is 3982 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

4200 miles in 8 months with the regal raptor, september-april. I guess some like 6000-7000/year

Whatever it is from here to there... and usually back again.

26 miles a day to work, so what ever that is a year

Haven't been riding long (since last September), but I have an 80 mile round trip to work, plus when I get to go out on a weekend I add an extra 100 - 150 onto it.

Tried to ride into work as much as I could over winter, but that's easier said than done with a jaunt over the Pennines. When I have zilch experience of riding a bike, a car and the ability to work from home I'm not going to risk it unnecessarily. That said for a good few months I was the only bike I saw heading into work!

On track for about 8000 by this September.

Yeah, I'm trying to use it less, but I just love riding so much! The car bores me to death now, especially with the weather improving! Ha ha!

Anyway, still need to pass my mod 2, and I'm not yet sure how quickly I'll be getting a bigger bike. Finances and all...

that's a nice bike you have there anyway bip & will look even better without the L plate's

anyway back to how many miles

I don't get the chance to ride to work as I'm self employed and I need a van for my work so only get to use it at weekend's normally

so my miles are lower than i would like maybe about 3 k mind it was lower last year co's I fell off a ladder at work which put me on my back for 9 weeks sorry bip I know iv'e already told you but in my defense I am gettin old.

sorry bip I know iv'e already told you but in my defense I am gettin old.

Ha ha! That doesn't matter Tommy, personally any miles you rack up on a bike is good, 500 miles a year or 10,000, still brings a smile to the riders face I'm sure!

Looking back over the last 3 MOTs I've been pretty steady on 4500 a year .... on this bike, plus another load on the training school ER-5 I use to follow my trainees, plus the car, plus the wife's car...... No wonder I'm always skint with the amount of fuel tax I'm paying!

I now have a roughly 50 mile each way daily commute, so with weekends I've racked around 6500 since January.

I cant see that ending any time soon, so Id better inform my Insurance Company as I think I estimated 12K for the year.

bikes don't seem to do anything like the mileage cars do, today I would think a cars would be considered to have some life in it (depending on the make etc but generally) up to 100 thousand, miles you'd maybe start to think twice about buying anything over 80 thousand miles I suppose unless you knew its history but bikes, I don't know, I would start worrying about buying anything over 35 thousand on the clock say unless I knew its history for sure. Most second hand XJ600's are around 20 -30 thousand miles that I look at and that's the cheaper end of the market for under £1000.

Of course bikes rev twice as much as cars so you'd expect less out of them.

I bought my TR1 in the last week of March and have put nearly 2000 miles on it since then.

none last year ? the service guy/gay fucked the speedo cable up the day i set off to squires and i ain't got around to fixing it.

• Like 1

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online