petrol leak

kearnsy123
This post is 4141 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

2000 reg fazer fzs 600 constant petrol dripping from over flow r breather tube which runs down nxt to exhaust till I moved it . Lol any idea what s causing it . When parked up at nite nxt mprning theres about a litre of petrol in the tub under bike . Now he just tolde he does fill the tank to the top but would it cause this much to leak out ?

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

I'm just wondering if the hose from the filler neck in the tank that goes inside the tank and then joins to the bottom external overflow connection is either split or perished allowing a constant drip of fuel out.

66315e7d-e4f0-46a1-89e0-53ecb71a70bf_zps

not a very good picture but there is a hose that goes from the overflow outlet inside the tank to a connection in the filler neck. Although is from my Divvy I would think the setup is the same principle.

Just an afterthought, I wonder if you could disconnect the overflow pipe and somehow fit a blank to the stub coming out of the tank.

I can only presume the idea of the overflow is when you fill up to the top in very hot weather petrol does expand, hence the overflow, so when you fill up don't fill right up.

Hope this helps.

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online