London in 1927

drewpy
This post is 3994 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

amazingly tranquil, before the Luftwaffe got their way

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

Spent bank holiday monday in London. Wish it had been that peaceful.

That footage is incredibly poignant, what with the sad events of last week. That London is gone and will never be seen again, and I wouldn't call the changes progress.

Car ownership is the scurge of the earth. we"l consume this planet,,,cant go back now tho, only onward into oblivion,,, :eusa_snooty:

Wonderful video, thanks for sharing!

Lived I London in the 1950s, horrible dirty smelly bloody place, horse shit from the local coal man and the milk man was fought over by women who wanted to make their roses grow, air was orange (no joke) during the SMOG which does NOT tell you anything about how awful it was, the music makes it look and sound lovely it WASN'T. :shakeno:

that sort of crossed my mind, the buildings look grubby because of sulphur in the air - acts of parliament controlled that eventually and most buildings have been cleaned since but the video gives what seems like a good sense of what things were like.