pre mix ratio

woodburnyq50
This post is 3966 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

well finally got the engine back together and dicoverd the oil pump was no good hence the engine goin downhill.. as i stil need use i am going to use premix util i can afford to buy nw parts.. but my question is what ratio of petrol to oil should i use? any help appreciated

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

The FIRST question before considering this is.

Does the bike have any direct bearing lube. Its not uncommon for 2stroke to be pumped direct to the main bearings to make em teen proof.

I'm not sure why the pump has stopped tbh bur I took it of and put the end in a drill, to spin it and nothing at all happend, so waiting on gettin the money for new one so premix it is until that time, and 40/1 would mean one litre of oil for every 40 of petrol?

yes thats what 40/1 means, you'll have to calculate how much oil for any given amount of fuel you put in.

Tell us more about the oil pump, what did you do with a drill?

have you bled it?

are you sure it's not working or are you jumping the gun a bit here?

TooK the pump of the engine and put the end in a drill soit wud spin as if was attached to engine, undone the bleed screw and bled it, and with one pipe in a tub of oil, used the drill to spin pump, and nothing came out of other pipe, put finger over end and wasn't even any pressure at all against my finger

re-attach it to the engine with a good gasket

ensure there is 2 stroke oil in the tank

remove the bleed screw from the pump body...oil and air bubbles will be expelled out of the bleed hole

replace the bleed screw when no more bubbles appear

disconnect the pump output pipe from the intake

start the engine and hold the pump pulley fully open with your hand

if the pump is ok (after a short while) you will see the oil pilse out of the output pipe

all this is made easier if you fit a transparent output pipe, you will see the oil pulsing through the pipe until it's full

im beginning to think the pumps have changed over the years, the ones I'm familiar with are

you can see the pulley at the front with the cable attached, as you open the throttle this pulley turns

you can see the oil feed pipe at the back, the black pipe

you can see the output pipe...heare it's a clear one

you can see the bleed screw, philips head with the red gasket ring under it

Pumpalignment.jpg

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online