6 months road tax has this been taken from us now ?

Tommy xs
This post is 4145 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

I noticed this year when my road tax renewal came, it did not give me the option of 6 months only 12!

I assume this is to stop people taxing for the summer and putting on a sorn for the winter and so dodge the new insurance rules ?

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

i know i couldnt tax my DT50 for 6 months because it was such a low cost, but my fireblade and XJ600 both had options for 6 months O.o

Same here, mine allows 6 or 12 months, must be as Grouch says it's such a small amount it's not worth their while otherwise. and of course it's not their money. :jossun:

Me either 250s are 12 only so dunno.

last year I had the option of both, not really concerned about it as its only £34 for year and I don't put mine away for winter anyway

just use it less just wondered if it had posed a problem for any of the summer biker's out there ?

If they hide their bike in ropey weather they wont ride it much in the summer either.

Rode around a 600 on the dt in the rain today. Poor fazer. Look on the blokes face said it all he was terrified of rain i didnt consider worth putting my overtrousers on for.

Up to now I've only been offered 12 months, this is the first time in 25 years I've been given the option of 6 months but as I ride all year it doesn't matter, maybe it is became its getting dearer.

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online