Yamaha dt gear selector

ahaywood93
This post is 4146 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Ive put the bearings in but the gears are so fiddly! I cant seam to get it in the casing i can get it all together outside the casing but as soon as i try to put it in it just dont wanna go in in there a certain way to do it?

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

No it has to go in as a complete lump. Both gearshafts, selector drum and selectors.

Set up on the bench so everything is in place. Then pop a couple of rubber bands round the end furthest from the case that allows a bit of wiggle room and stops it falling to bits.

Get the output shaft out through the bearing. Then check the selector shafts are lined up and slide those home. The rest should then slide into place.

It is fiddly but once you sus the knack you will wonder why you got stuck.

Having a extra set of hands will help as well as your dealing with alot of parts all at once, a couple of pieces of wood to hold the case up off the bench so the out put shaft can fit through helps.

As cynic said its fiddely but easy,once everything is lined up it slides right into place.

Got it all in first try this morning thank god went to put the casing back together and found out my gasket set didnt have the right one going to get some gasket glue tomorrow and do it then

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online