Hello from Guernsey

This post is 4148 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Hello everyone,

I've just got my hands on a '86 RD350N1 YPVS.

I got it for a good price because the engine was seized. The engine hasn't run for years, so I was hoping the seizure was just the pistons stuck in the bores. Unfortunately not, one of the

I've been riding and servicing bikes for years, but this is my first engine rebuild. I've tended to steer clear of engine internals, preferred to leave it to the pro's, but now it's time to get stuck in, I don't think I can break it anymore than it already is.

Hopefully you guys will be able to give me some pointers when things get tricky?

I'm documenting my progress here, so feel free to have a look and comment if I cock something up :spin2:

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

Welcome rick,, the RD engines are simple , horizontal split cases, turn upside down on bench, whip of bottom case, everythin is in line ,Crank- input shaft- output shaft- kickshaft,, all lift out complete. leaves selector drum in top case,,, :yeah:

Welcome to the forum Rick!

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online