XT125x Speedo problems.

Agibson3hr2
This post is 4140 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

So my speedo has stopped working on my xt125x and I can't seem to find a new cable for it anywhere on the net :S Is there such thing or is the fault lying somewhere else? Everything else like RPM is reading fine it's just my speed that isn't showing. It's reading 0mph constantly. ANY HELP!?

EDIT: I've taken the cable all apart that leads from my wheel to my speedometer, and it's nothing like has been described, it's like 4 different coloured wires that lead to a connector that connects to another set of wires that go to my main console :/

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

Remove the cable from the speedo and turn the front wheel the inner should turn ,if not remove the cable at the wheel and check the cable inner is not in 2 pieces and hook up the cable to speedo if in 1 piece and turn inner by hand if speedo works then the drive in the front wheel is not working.If not speedo is broken

If you had the front wheel off did you align the drive to the wheel when reinstalling the wheel?

Remove the cable from the speedo and turn the front wheel the inner should turn ,if not remove the cable at the wheel and check the cable inner is not in 2 pieces and hook up the cable to speedo if in 1 piece and turn inner by hand if speedo works then the drive in the front wheel is not working.If not speedo is broken

If you had the front wheel off did you align the drive to the wheel when reinstalling the wheel?

I've not had my front wheel off at all as far as I can remember, I hope the speedo isn't broken because that will be expensive :/

Did you ever try anything I suggested and if so what did you find?

• 2 weeks later...

I am the XT 125 speedo expert. Your speedo is fucked just buy a new one. The digitech ones are really good.

Do a forum search and refer to my previous threads.

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online