Here we go again! Gear Lever Shifter!

Grouch
This post is 4151 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Out today in the pissing down rain, set off at a green light and went to put my bike not 1st and the gear lever went really loose and slack. It went down really far and was loose.

Wtf is up with my bike now?

Please can someone help me? I'm hoping it just needs tightening or something.

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

its never rains it poors with your grouch are you sure its nothing to do with your new clutch-cable,

first thing i would check is the lever itself, is the spline turning with the lever

Right im not gear box wiz so i may not have the answer's mate.

but lets give it a bash as im starting to feel sorry for you.

• Can you put her into first gear when the bike isn't running. Don't pull clutch in just smack her into gear?
  • is there any thing stupid out of place? (missing bolt / nut, gear sticking out the side of the engine?)
  • can you select every other gear and get neutral?
  • and is there any grinding noises coming from the box when you try and select 1st?

Just a quick check list to see if this brings any thing to the table and someone might know whats going on. Could you post a pic of the problem area at all?

Grouch, this is getting well past funny and you should really start thinking about getting shot of this bike, there comes a time to admit defeat and run away, no matter how trivial this problem might be this bike has fucked you over once to often, trade it in against something else. :eusa_whistle:

Grouch, this is getting well past funny and you should really start thinking about getting shot of this bike, there comes a time to admit defeat and run away, no matter how trivial this problem might be this bike has fucked you over once to often, trade it in against something else. :eusa_whistle:

better the devil you know, grouch and you've certainly got one there . you can't trade it in like that anyway, you'll loose to much on price and you can't move up till you sort your test's out. that's what you should be focusing on, then you can get a bigger more robust bike

No wonder you are a grouch, that bikes enough to make a saint curse.

In an ideal world you need to find one of these.......

Skip_containing_rubbish_16s06.jpg

Chuck your bike in, don't look back and just keep on running! fucking hell man i know u have put a lot of cash into it so want to keep it- but the amount you spend on it will keep growing, how will you feel when have sunk 5 grand in repairs into it? chuck the cunt or at least pass it on to some other poor bugger lol

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online