XS400 SG Firing on one cylinder.

Jacjr
This post is 4153 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

First off i would like to say hello to you all.

I have a 1980 XS400 SG its been sitting for about 4 years untouched in a shed. last week i tried to start it up and it was dumping gas out of the carb so i had a friend check it out and pressure test it, and fix the leaking issue. he replaced a needle, adjusted the float level to standard and i believe he said he replaced an o-ring. Today i got the carb back hooked it all back up and fired the bike up. At first it didn't want to stay running but after awhile it was fine until you tried to ride it. i put it in first and go to let out the clutch and just cut out. the left side was warmer that cold but barely and the exhaust was ice cold. I don't want to take it back to my friend if i don't absolutely need to he has his own shop and is slammed with work.

I got spark from the plug but i am no good with carburetors so i was wonder what steps I should take so I don't wind up doing something COMPLETELY unnecessary, all help is welcome and appreciated!

Thanks - John

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

hi john, you will get a much better response if you say hello in the new members forum first, it doesn't have to be much, have a look what other new members are saying for ideas If your not sure what to say, this is a great forum with a wealth of information, but its considered rude here to ask questions without an introduction. there are people on here who will be only to happy to help once you have done it. good luck with your bike

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online