XJ6 crash bobbins

richiet737
This post is 4157 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

I have purchased some crash bobbins from a company in Italy. They fit directly to the Engine one replaces the brake fluid bolt and the other (gear side) is mounted on a tab in front of the crank case.

I am really not sure that these are going to help or worse still transfer the force directly to the engine casing. If anyone has any experience of this design I would appreciate your advice.

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

Can't help you with this as I don't use them but I thought that these were for protection of the fairing and suspension parts for when you dropped the bike, they are "usually" attached to the frame and as such they spread the load over the frame and not on to one single point so reducing the amount of damage that can occur when dropped, but if the ones you have bought are connected directly to the engine then they will surely damage the casing they are attached to and any time they "catch" on the ground when they slide along will add even more stress to the casing, I would have another look around if I were you to make sure that these are the correct thing you need rather than some after market "bling", just my thoughts on your problem might be wrong (has been known to happen!). :jossun:

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online