rxs 100 still low on power

shambles1980
This post is 4071 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

so i have slowly been working in this rxs. did a top end rebuild new hear barrel and piston, still dosent seem to run as well as it should. seems low on power and a bit lumpy, then we have oassional bogging down. its sorn so i ant take it for a good ride. and how it is put together right now its not fit for the road yet..

thought id make a you tube vid of it see hat you guys think

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NFTWUeWWlq4&feature=youtu.be

• Like 1

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

Ok now i have recovered frop the epilepsy triggerd by watching that.

Sound is always a bit odd recording an engine but it does sound a little off.

Main issue is that air filter. Second is the carb needs sorting for the filter its running like well y know.. May be a tiny ig issue too. But that could just be the recording.

sorry about the vid lol.. i had no where to mount the camera..

the bike dosent sound like that really either. but you can hear it picks up rpm then kinda stays at a certain rpm then a few seconds later it says oh yeah im supposed to go faster..
like at 1:46 - 1:48 (only a couple of seconds there but you hear it goes.. "reew blubl blub reeeeww blueb blub" in stead of the usal high pitched im a 2stroke looke out noises...
think changing the cdi or coil would help any?

also i have adjusted the carb the best i can to this filter. but i will probably need bigger jets. but its not going like its running lean if anything it feels like its to rich. but that may just be me thinking it should scream more running lean. and chug more running rich.

Those filters are horrid. That metal cap at the end acts as a reflector and causes pressure waves that basically fuck the carberation right up. Great for flat out. Not for part throttle. Foamies are better. The best believe it or not is the stock airbox. With maybe the inlet oppening up a little.

Once you can ride it propperly you can get a better idea of how she runs.

What pipe is it. Microns never made a big difference. The allspeeds were better but ran lean if you didnt spend time setting em up.

stock pipe. cleaned with that custic stuff. but i was thinking of aming for a ginneli if i could find one. but still cant figure this thing out. it's almost there though it cant be far off.. every so often it will say "oh yeah im a 2 stroke" and then try to throw me off..

but apart from that its mostly acting like a 4 stroke

Like a racehorse mate.

Yours is trapped in the paddock. Till its been out and got good and hot to burn all the crap off from the rebuild she will be off.

noticed some exhaust fumes coming from the carb.. Im thinking the reed block or at least the reed valves may have an issue. i did check the reed valves though. couldnt suck air through them when they were stuck to the reed block, and when i blew they worked ok. i guess im not working at the same psi as the engingne though..

I would imagine if smoke gets back in to the carb it would mess up how it runs.. "messed up mixture would explain the temprimental pick up too i think"
Probably go ahead and buy some new reed valves and replace them.. "they are fibre reeds in there now" took them off a spare block though and fliped them over. like i said they seemed to seal pretty well but if i see smoke in the carb after turning the engine off (air filter off) it seems like the reeds must be messed up correct?

Sure its smoke and not just fuel mist.

Its pretty difficult for exhaust to get into the carb in any quantity.

nah this was almost definatly smoke.. noticed it coming through the side of the pod filter so took it off. i dont think i could see fule mist as grey smoke slowly coming out of the filter.

-edit-

Just took it as fast as i could round the garden a few times small wheelie here n there. "it cant manage a proper wheelie how its running now. unless it decides that its going to run well like it occasionaly does" any way, ragged it about for a good 6 mins.
pulled up and checked iside the carb..
its definatly smoke.. There not Loads in there but theres enough to mess with the mixture.

im thinking has to be the valves. i dont see how the cdi or something could mess up the fiering in such a way as the smoke would be able to get in there when the valves are open.. infact i dont see how smoke could get out of the barrel when the valves are open at all as the piston should be in the way. has to be getting through the reed block on the exhaust part of the stroke.

for the sake of £20 i think its worth replacing the reeds.. it still needs a good run. raging it about in 1st isnt helping any one. and im sure 2 stroke oil can only do so much with the abuse im giving it.

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online