Yamaha 153CC Engine Oil

boward57
This post is 4080 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Good day everybody! Nice to be here!

Quick question! When I take my new SZ 16 also SZ-R in some markets (same engine as the FZ16) in for a scheduled oil change the dealer service tech says that it should only take 1 liter of oil when the manual say 1.2L. Yes, the filter was also changed! Any thoughts?? I don't want the oil level to be low as I hear this is bad on the clutch! Cheers!

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

What is the level like on the dipstick / sight glass ? Does the manual say Total amount 1.2L ? If so this is usually the amount it takes after a complete engine strip. Does the manual give an amount for periodic oil change as this is the amount you want when changing the oil.

Tony

Thank you for the reply! I asked the tech again and he said that 1.2L is the overhaul amount when the engine is torn down. The manual says 1.2L when the filter is changed with the oil. Those sticks are so small and my eyes are bad. I will get my wife to look! LOL Cheers!!