YB100 Restore : 1980 model (100cc) :)

fakhir
This post is 4007 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

You probably need a puller to get it off the con rod if it will not just slide out, it MIGHT be possible to heat it and then give it a whack with a drift but there is always the potential to damage something else along the way if you do that unless you are really careful, as your splitting the engine anyway why not wait till you have it apart and then take it off of the crankshaft and deal with it in a vice rather than trying to sod about with it attached to the engine? That seems to be the best idea I can come up with for the moment maybe others will have a better idea. Just a thought why not just junk the con rod & piston altogether and fit new when you have it all in bits? Good luck Fakhir. :jossun:

You are right, I will probably get a new connecting rod and piston. Thanks a lot :)

• 1 month later...
Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

Week 4 updates (26-June-2013)

Hey, I hope all of you are doing fantastic. Well it's been a while since I posted anything on the forum, been a bit busy. This time I was successfully able to tear apart the exterior engine hull and disassemble gear, kick and clutch assembly. Right now stuck with the cam shaft and piston assembly. Next time I will try to completely open up the remaining engine parts.

Sorry no descriptions on the pictures this time. I will add those later on.

Enjoy !!!

Summary:

Well this is it for now. I hope you enjoyed the pictures and videos. I've opened up and disassembled clutch, gear and kick assemblies. Generator assembly has also been drilled out. Next time I will try to further rip up the engine covers and hopefully gain access to the entire camshaft assembly.

Stay tuned for the next episode. Bye for now !!!

:eek2: Eeek... I don't like spiders.

Looks like you've been busy with the drilling. Not very fun... but it'll be so rewarding when you finish her. :thumb:

• Like 1

Hi Fakhir, Glad your back and got some things done on your old bike. It seems you have most of it in hand now so well done and not long now till your riding it, liked the Videos by the way the photos were a bit confusing at first but got there in the end.

• Like 1

Hi Fakhir, Glad your back and got some things done on your old bike. It seems you have most of it in hand now so well done and not long now till your riding it, liked the Videos by the way the photos were a bit confusing at first but got there in the end.

The real challenge now is to clean it :)

Don't know if you have "GUNK" in Pakistan? but if you do that will clean your oily bit's !!! Any degreaser really will do the job as long as your careful not to get it in your eyes and you will stink afterwards. Just DON'T use petrol/gasoline works most of the time but has a habit of blowing up and setting fire to your workshop.