FZR Genesis Ignition Fault

Manic Mike
This post is 6782 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Can anyone help

I have a 1988 FZR 1000 Genesis. It has developed an ignition fault that seems to have fried two CDI units.

Sympyons = It started - went onto two pots - then no spark - then two pots again - then no spark again.

Replaced the CDI and it ran great for about 5 miles and then the above symptons happened.

I have changed the coils checked all continuity etc etc but I cannot sort the fault. I have ordered another CDI but do not want to put it on and fry this one ....... it starts to be expensive.

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

Can anyone help

I have a 1988 FZR 1000 Genesis. It has developed an ignition fault that seems to have fried two CDI units.

Sympyons = It started - went onto two pots - then no spark - then two pots again - then no spark again.

Replaced the CDI and it ran great for about 5 miles and then the above symptons happened.

I have changed the coils checked all continuity etc etc but I cannot sort the fault. I have ordered another CDI but do not want to put it on and fry this one ....... it starts to be expensive.

u tryed the picup m8 ide start there

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online