question for dt175 mx riders......

Cynic
This post is 4165 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Got a question. When riding your bike where is the power and what kind of rpm is the engine happy to sustain uphill headwind whatever.

I ask cos airhead sold me a replacement for my rotten exhaust. Top man. But im still not sure what its from and the engine (now its rebuilt) runs very different.

I have monster. And i mean huge torque between 4 and 7k. To the point i dont need the first 2 gears unless i stop. The last bit of rpm is a bit of a dead duck except for short bursts as the engine gets mad hot.

7k on my dt gives an indicated 50. No idea what speed it really is and it will do it uphill into the wind whatever. Rarely need to change down. Stock gearing too.

I will put some pics up. Maybe someone can id it. No one can tell me so far. Its def not gianneli (had 2 of those) fresco maybe?

No matter. Suns out...... ...

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

Totally pure mx. To the point the local oiks drool as i pass them. Like a rifle crack when its cold.

Really badly needs gearing up though. Oh and the strangest thing. I have had to move the needle clip to the very top for it to run right.

Changing the main and increacing the needle dont work. It wants the 160 or maybe bigger as a main but much leaner mid range or she 4strokes till she wets the plug.

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online