YPVS F2 top yoke

mike43bridge
This post is 4085 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Hi - new to the forum so I apologise if this question has been asked before ?

I am wanting to fit flat bars to my 89' 350 YPVS F2 and am wondering the best way to do it ? Will the triple clamps of a 250/350 LC fit ie same head bearing sizes and fork tube diameters ?

Also on the lookout for a fuel tank for the above scratches and minor dings ok but nothing rusty please.

Many thanks.

Mike B.

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

You really need an inroduction in the deceptively named new members section.

Lot more help that way. I think the top yolk will swap over IIRC been a while.

As for the tank..........best of luck......rocking horse sh.t for a good one.

• Like 1

I know the early LC only had 32mm fork diameters compared to the YPVS models which went up to 35mm. If you can find a top yolk of an 83/84 LC2 this may work as these had 35mm fork stanchions like yours but were fitted with conventional bars. Maybe worth asking here as I'm sure someone will tell you if this has been done before

http://homepage.ntlworld.com/ultimatelccrazy/

Tony

Tony's right the 83-84 are the ones your after bolt straight on,not in your country but paul at sonic cycle has broken quite a few rz350s for parts and might have a tank as well www.soniccycle.com and ships world wide.

EDIT you only need the top clamp if you lower is good.

Thanks guys. Nigel at NK Racing says he can modify my existing top yoke to take conventional bars so looks like it's going to Leicester on holiday.

I have the original tank but it has been filled and painted by Stevie Wonder. Will strip the paint of and filler and see if anything can be done with it ?

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online