Newbie From the States needs some help with a Enduro

drnu
This post is 4169 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Hello all, My name is Marshall. I just got myself into the Yamahas and I am a young lad. I'm only 17 and have the supreme interests into motorcycles. I hope to learn a lot from these forums and at least help diagnose my problem. Dad was always a harley fellow, but got me into cafes like the xs750's. still love them but now I found my home of the enduros. Im a big fan of the Enduros. Favorite of them all except for the adventure bikes (I'm not experienced enough for a super tenere) Now, I got this xt350 after my yz 125 (no job or anything so I had to settle for older bikes) The bike was running but now it feels like a fuel problem like it doesnt want the fuel. It barely idles at 1100 rpm with choke on and as soon as the gas is just touched it cuts off. Now I have cleaned this carburetor 3 times and stripped it to the bone and can't figure out the problem and it's really irritating. But, that's for another section. Anyways, thanks for having me on the forums guys and I will post the problem in the correct section.

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.
:wavey: Hi Marshall. Welcome to the YOC!

Hi marsh" :jossun: you say stripped to the bone [ carb], did you take out the pilot jet, coz thats what takes over from the choke jet, for idle and first quarter throttle, untill the air-speed builds up [ venturi] then lifts fuel via the main jet,,,

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online