tyres and glue

pedguy
This post is 4170 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

are motoclyle tyres glued on like cars.have a new set of tyres for my dt 80 mx,will be fitting myself

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

The white stuff they slop all over the bead is tyre soap which helps them to slip over the rims, they ain't glued on.

Should be a doddle on the wee tyres the DT80 carries, just use a decent set of tyre levers (don't pinch the spoons out of the cutlery drawer!) and mind you don't nip the inner tubes in the bead. You could make life easier with a drop of washing up liquid on the beads just to help them slip over, but there is a school of thought that doesn't like what the salt content of that stuff can do to the rims, I've never had a problem with it in the past is all I can say.

I've also heard of using french chalk instead of the soap. Not sure what makes it french... but I think it's just talcum powder. ??

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online