Sena SMH10 headset review

Cruza
This post is 4186 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

For about a year I'd been using a cheap headset in an attempt to communicate with my pillion passenger, but just last week I upgraded to the Sena SMH10. Wow, what a difference. There is a huge improvement in sound quality and reduction in background noise. The SMH10 is also very easy to use, I really like how easy it is to change volume with the dial knob. I have a full-face helmet and so I used the wired mike and not the boom mike. My previous headsets cost about $70 each, bought at a bike show, but were more of a frustration than a benefit. The wind noise, road noise and engine noise were amplified together with voice so that it was difficult to make out voice and resulted in even more ear noise than usual. The Sena SMH10 cost me $350 for a pair, so about twice the price, but absolutely worth it. I now hear my pillion clearly through the speakers without any effort. I can also speak to her and be heard without having to speak loudly, communication is now effortless. I also now hear the road, engine and wind noise without hearing them through the speakers.

The cheap set allowed us to communicate with difficulty up to about 60 km/h. The Sena now lets us communicate easily at 100 km/h.

If you want to speak to your pillion passenger, and interested in what they're saying......I recommend you have a look at this headset. I haven't tried it for music, phone or communicating with other riders, so can't comment on these features. Battery life on the Sena has also been significantly better. The old headset didn't last long enough for us to enjoy a day ride, but the new Sena has already lasted two rides without being re charged. When checking the battery life it tells me that I've still got over 70%. I highly recommend the Sena SMH10.

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.
  • Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online