some advice please

pewee herman
This post is 4170 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

I have just acquired a pw80 its not in the best shape has no carb on it no cables no loom that I can see engine is there has compression. Where do I start to get the bike up and running? I don't know year of bike how can I find this out?? I have carb but don't know what's missing. Any advice pleeeeease.

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

Hi Pewee, First things first, would you please do an INTRO in the "new members section" just so folks can know a bit about you and your bike, plus folks like to know who you are BEFORE they will answer most questions, we're not grumpy just like to have a "Hi" before launching into a question. Someone on here will know all about your bike and will be able to answer all your questions, might be a good idea to add a few more details of your bike like what is the engine and frame number, that will soon tell you what bike it is what year it is and where it was sold and such, if you don't know what or where they are on the bike look on your V5 or log book and just copy it out plus a photo tells a lot and saves on explanations. By the way Welcome to the YOC it's always nice to have new member join in you'll like it here. :jossun:

Hi Pewee, try WEMOTO they do lots of different parts for bikes, you may be lucky and find something on their website that will help you out, otherwise just type in your bike engine type into your web browser and see what comes up! Best I can offer I'm afraid others may have some more ideas. Good luck. :jossun:

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online