Starting issues!

spony
This post is 4172 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Hi there new to this forum ! Need a hand which I hope is a minor problem - here go's........

2006 ybr,had it now for 3 years been garaged for year and half( due on my part to laziness and the awful weather this last two years has brought!) ok so acquired a new battery which is great all my lights work,indicaters ,brakes,even my horn! ok I can't start my bike via electric start or kick start.......I've even tried push start but again epic fail , so any input would be great ,had no issues prior to time spent off road.

Ps my bike has been and always garaged ; )

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

a year and a half is a long time and the chances are that the fuel in the carb has evaporated and gunked up the carburetor, it may also have gone a bit stale in the tank, try draining the fuel from the carb bowl you may find a screw at the bottom for this..see my signature line

ok will drain drain tank and clean carb see what's what.......oh another thing the electric start does not 'fire' so I'm assuming my spark plug's shot or have an ignition issue of some sort no sound whatsoever.....ok I'm off to introduce myself!

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online