Clutch slipping - SR125

AndrewElvisFan
This post is 4171 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Andrew, you can't tell what oil you have by dribbling it over your fingers!! unless of course your one really STRANGE lad, the only way is to actually change it to something you KNOW is bike oil, does sound like your cutch is the problem unfortunately but at least you will get to find out something new about your bike. good luck mate should only take a couple of hours to whip it off and have a look then put it all back together. let us know how you get on. :jossun:

PS take PHOTOS of the parts before you take it to bits, its easier than frigging around trying to guess what went where.

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

Andrew, you can't tell what oil you have by dribbling it over your fingers!! unless of course your one really STRANGE lad, the only way is to actually change it to something you KNOW is bike oil, does sound like your cutch is the problem unfortunately but at least you will get to find out something new about your bike. good luck mate should only take a couple of hours to whip it off and have a look then put it all back together. let us know how you get on. :jossun:

PS take PHOTOS of the parts before you take it to bits, its easier than frigging around trying to guess what went where.

Lol! Just figured it was thicker! When the engine is cold, in gear and clutch in the back wheel still turns. Definitely will take pics - my memory is that poor! I may get chance this afternoon to strip it down but right now I need to take my boys to the park for a game of football. Like you say at least I'll know more about the bike! I'm guessing I'll need to change the clutch gasket? If so will have to get one tomorrow.

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online