xvs 650 wheel offsets ??!!??

bridog
This post is 4161 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

hi all , I recently bought a xvs 650 which I am currently doing up into a bobber , the building was going well until a came across the wheels .... the previous owner had dismantled both wheels , had them sprayed and then didn't put them back together ...... So now its mine and i want to get them back on the bike but i need to know the offset of both wheels so i can get them built

can anyone help ????

thanks in advance

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

Offset?

Dunno what that is exactly, but I'd be checking Ye Olde Workshoppe Manuale just to be safe. Usually has all the answers.

You have any further info, or maybe some photos?

Possibly just got the terminology crossed...?

Hi chap, nip onto amazon as they sell Haynes manwell's for the draggy on there and are good price too.

As Tasky suggested ping up some pics so we can see what your drama is and could poss advise better.

If you have your spokes already,assemble them wheels and place in the bike,then you can measure and center the wheels for alignment.

The spokes length will be fairly close to set the offset,if any, then you could ask a member to measure his bike at the same location to confirm.If you can't find any offset in the manual then normaly there is none.

thanks for the replys ,

Let me see if i can explain my problem a little better while ty and get some pics up ....

I have assembled / laced all the spokes in the wheels , but the nipples are loose so the hubs are able to move side to side .. on the front im sure that the hub is going to be central to the wheel , but on the back , because of the brake drum and shaft drive im not sure ... So i was wondering does the hub need to be more to one side than the otherbefore i tighten the spokes and get them trued ?

I hope that makes more sense :)

Lacing offsets info will not be in any manual. Q: are all the spokes the same length?

You could fit the hub back into the swingarm and see how it lines up and try to work it out or find another bike and measure the rim to swingarm and hub to swingarm.

• 2 weeks later...

hi all , thanks for all the replys , i have sorted out the offset side of things. i took preloads advice and measure against another one....

but i seeing as they are all stripped down i wouldnt mind putting a different colour spoke nipple on there ... does anyone know where i an find brass / gold colour spoke nipples ?

thanks in advance

No sorry mate cant help on that one but you might be able to get them anodized?

You maybe able to get brass as for anodizing it doesn't take much for it to come off as its only microns thick.

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online