new memeber with questions

Country
This post is 4181 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Hi I am a new member and new to bikes in particular. I am interested in purchasing a motorcycle and I need to get some info from the pro's. The bike i am currently looking at is a midnight virago 750 from 83'. Apparently the bike is in good condition with only one problem for a great price. I see they can gor for more than a 1,000 dolloars and this one is priced at 600. for a starter bike I think it is a steal but I have my concerns. A mechanics shop is selling it and can't really tell me all I want to know about it. I have been told it has issues when it runs and the mechanic thinks that since the carborators have been cleaned as well as the gas tank that the problem may be the coils. Now if this is true then It will be close to a 400 dollar fix and that is just parts.. Any advice you may have and any additional info you need, please let me know.

Country

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

If the guys in the garage could fix it cheap and easy they would then they would ask more money.

Walk away there are plenty of bikes out there. If your buying youf first avoid buying work. Spending a tiny bit more will save a lot. A bad first bike could put you right off.

I agree 100%! also looking at a 82' yamaha xj550 and from what i see on the net it seems to be a nice bike. And for what it would have cost me in parts to PROBABALY fix the virago I can simply pay for this one. It runs and the guy is willing to meet me half way for a showing. Thanks for the help.

Country

Welcome county, as he says, you need reliability for you first ride,,, :yeah: And $400. for coils ... i"d be needing gold plating for that money.. :eusa_snooty:

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online