2010 XJ6N Bulbs?

cupcake1973
This post is 4097 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Going to France in the summer and need to get a spare bulb kit. Anyone have a list of the bulbs the XJ6 takes?

Seen some on ebay for various Yamaha models but not the XJ6, although they all seem to include pretty much the same bulbs (H1, H4, H7 and indicator, stop/tail bulb and fuses) in the kit. Will one of these do?

I don't even know if my bike has HID / xenon lamps (assuming it doesn't). And is the tail light LED? Google isn't helping me much at all! :eusa_doh:

Really should get to know my bike a bit better... :icon_redface1:

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

Did the bike come with a rider's manual? But it may not include that info anyway. :eusa_think: Might google for a downloadable service manual, but someone on here will likely know. :)

I did get a book with it and although I've read some, I haven't seen anything on bulbs yet. Will have to check when I'm home tonight. I've found the book to be full of pages containing very little useful information so far :rolleyes:

Looks like the rear lights on these are LED so wouldn't have to worry about a spare bulb for them. Cant really find much on the fronts tho. best thing to do is have a look and take some pics of them the best you can and we can have a look to see what they are.

best not to stand in front of the light when you take the picture tho, little bit too distracting for me

I did get a book with it and although I've read some, I haven't seen anything on bulbs yet. Will have to check when I'm home tonight. I've found the book to be full of pages containing very little useful information so far :rolleyes:

Ya, my rider manual is pretty simple... doesn't get into the tech specs really.

Just downloaded a copy of the owners manual from the Yamaha UK site and it gives a list of the bulbs on page 8-3 and lists the headlight bulb as a halogen type 12V 60/55w and the other bulbs by just the Voltage and wattage.

Tony

Mine is a XJ6-N 2011 (sorry I cant remember where I found it online but it was quite straight forward) The manual is dated 2010For some reason I cant paste the clip on this forum from my Mac, extension issues ?!?

Stop and tail is 12V, 5.0 W/21.0 W (so not an LED)

Id be surprised if Halford's didn't have a kit for it.