Hi from Central Scotland

This post is 4180 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Hi all,

Have been driving for about 7 years and recently my Dad got the urge to get a bike and its rubbed off onto me. So my plan is to get my CBT for a wee while till I am confident enough to get the DAS.

My Dad got a 2004 xvs 125 and I fancy the same although I think I am a bit too big for it ( 6ft 7in ).

Anyone got any suggestions along the same style of bike that would fit my style or would a xvs 125 be ok if I alter the handle bar position.

Thanks

Euan

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

Welcome..uwan" i think a dt125 is a tall bike for lads, not a cruiser tho" cruisers are low slung / Lanark show next month ,, :jossun:

Hey Euan, glad you've been bitten by the biking bug, it's great!

I know it's not a cruiser, or a Yammy, but the Honda Varadero 125 is a big learner bike. We can't have you chopping your legs down a bit...

I have the opposite problem... at 5'2" all the bikes I like are too tall for me. :shrug: I'd say see what's out there and try on a few before you decide.

Oh and welcome aboard!

How do and welcome at 6'7 any bike will be to small,my buddy at 6'4 rides a xl 650 and it looks like a mini bike under his 320lbs.

At least if it breaks you can tuck it under your arm and carry it home

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online