Just updates on the FJ600

Jokidd82
This post is 4181 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Well i have a TON of picutres to upload on here. Pretty much all 90 some pictures are on facebook so i'll post a few on here in a bit.

But my work for the day was re-sealing the cases. For the first time ever i used anarobic sealant. I've never actually used it. I always use hondabond or the grey diesel sealant we have at ford being its about the same identical stuff. I was talking to one of the tranny guys at work about sealing cases and he mentioned that i may want to try anarobic sealant. Because of the bearing clearances when sealing a case anarobic is thinner and easier to manipulate since it only dries in the absense of oxygen.

He also used to work at volvo and rover and evidentally they use the same stuff on volvo engines. I firgure if it can endure the heat of a turbo charged vehicle that my air cooled fj will be fine.

I did find it much nicer when i was re-assembling the two halfs since it didn't dry in 15 mintues and just dried whenever i torqued the cases.

I also got the new oil pump and o-rings in place, and the new ...well ebay new, oil pressure relief fitting and valve for the primary chain drive inside.

I then test fitted the uber burnt out clutch and made sure it spun the crank and transmission with no binding or issues shifting unlike my speedy gonzalez friend that screwed up his 2nd and 3rd gears on his gsxr....

All in all, i happily spent a good hour in the garage carefully sealing the two together and checking that everything was in place. I know another tensioner kept falling out so i loaded it up with transel gold. If you've never used it, its awesome stuff. The transmission guys use it and i've found it perfect for everything. Its like vaseline but dissolves in the oil, it lubricates like crazy, and will hold certain things in place to assemble them. I've used it on water pump o-rings, aluminum on aluminum transfer case parts. Great stuff, my friend at work is also using "assembly goo". Chunkier, and less stringy but he seems to like it as well. Being he builds transmissions and has been doing it a few years more than i, he's pretty trust worthy.

So tips for the day, Assembly goo is good, Transdel Gold awesome, Permatex Assembly Lube awesome, and Permatex Anarobic Sealant rules supreme!

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.545537525461660.144292.100000162519739&type=1&l=c86cc466e4

I don't know if this works but this should show all 90 some photos

Looking good. :thumb:

I'm glad that link worked. I've never tried to share anything from facebook.

Hopefully my fairing stay will be here this week and i can test fit the gauges.

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online