XT 660 R

BENJAMIN
This post is 6784 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

I HAVE A XT 660 R AT ABOUT 140 TO 170KM IT SNAKES FROM THE FRONT, I HAVE SPOKEN TO THE DEALERSHIP ABOUT IT AND THEY TELL ME ALL OF THEM DO THIS. I WAS THINKING OF CONVERTING IT TO A X MAYBE THAT WILL HELP, BECAUSE OF THE SMALLER TYRE IN FRONT?

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

I HAVE A XT 660 R AT ABOUT 140 TO 170KM IT SNAKES FROM THE FRONT, I HAVE SPOKEN TO THE DEALERSHIP ABOUT IT AND THEY TELL ME ALL OF THEM DO THIS. I WAS THINKING OF CONVERTING IT TO A X MAYBE THAT WILL HELP, BECAUSE OF THE SMALLER TYRE IN FRONT?

Your dealer is talking bollocks! I've had mine up to 100mph/160kmh and it's solid as a rock.

Hi, I also thought so, Is our bike standard?

Yeh....mine's absolutely standard.

One point though....even those these XT's are capable of 100mph, they're not designed for it.

Thin tyres, high suspension, and a high front mudguard that the wind gets under, all contribute to lack of stability at speed compared to a pure road bike.

Having said that, there should be no weaves of any kind and it's quite safe....it's just that it won't feel as stable as a road bike.

Imagine how Mozzy felt at 105mph on his DT !!! :o:o:o

oh those were the days :lol: wonder if he still drinks his "fanta shakona" B):rolleyes:

• Admin

We should all chip in and buy him another just for the stories :lol:

We should all chip in and buy him another just for the stories :lol:

The Reincarnation of the DT-Meister :D ......would make for some great posting material! ;)