My own red button

Smitty
This post is 6748 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Well i now have my own little red button to play with, it's an old 93 across. good learner for me, got it from a mates family so i know it's been looked after.

I know i took my time, but i wanted to wait for the work load @ uni to calm down because i new i'b be out constantly looking.

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

OK, it's a motor stop button. I am 60 years old. I have had a motorcycle since I was 17. I have NEVER used such a stop button. Has anybody else here ever found it to be handy?

Wait! The above is a lie!! I had a James Cadet with a cut out. Once the throttle cable snapped, I wedged the throttle wide open, and rode it home (through quite heavy traffic) by "bleeping" the ignition.

Anyway, apart from that, has anyone ever used one of these buttons?

i often use the red button on my bike because if i just want to sit for a few minutes then i can leave the ignition on without the alarm going off and arming itself. also today for example i was riding home from college and a farmer decided it was prime time to let his 200 cows walk for at least 2 miles to the other farm down the road. as it was a long gradual down hill my friend and i decided to swith off our engines and just cruise. so all i did was flick the stop button and go into neutral. my friend who has a moped just switched off the ignition. we cruised down the hill and when we were nearing the bottom rather than using the electric start i kiked it into 1st let the clutch out and it started up. excellent except for the long up hill at snails pace. luckily i have become quite good and biting the clutch and can travel at almost any speed i like as long as its not over 60 because thats the most my bike will do. just thought i would share that with you. highly un-interesting i know. ah well

bloody cows! :P

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online