Oil leak

mcwakelin
This post is 4185 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

Doing short trips and just been a bit further because its warming up.....

Likely to be condensation. How much is there.

Doing short trips and just been a bit further because its warming up.....

Likely to be condensation. How much is there.

as i said its never done it before and i use the bike alot i would say 1/4 of a thimble 2 or 3 ml but it was all over the diff so i could have lost more there was nothing the other day done 25 miles on it yesurday and there it was???? books dont tell me much about the diff

Not a lot to tell with a diff. The oil just gets splashed around and does its thing on the gears. Although its not really a diff on bikes. Unless its a trike of course. Erm what are we talking about. Ha ha

How long has the oil been in there and when did you last check it. There may be water in there from a weak seal or a worn bearing causing things to warm up. Or the oil might just need a change.

Hi Sorry i call it a drive diff its on a standard XVS1100 2 wheels

will have to check the service book i only got the bike last year with FSH oil looks a bit pearlescent or matalic i checked the oil 4 months ago it was the same then hub not getting hot on travel checked that yesterday. Im just a bit stumped

Never owned a shaftie but my dad has had a few. They dont have a lot of oil in those bevel boxes so it may just be due a change.