I got given a Bike? I don't even have a helmet!

Iceni
This post is 4044 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Hey!

Today was an interesting day. A friend decided to skip the country for a promotion. He didn't want any ties back in the uk and basically sold everything as fast as he could. He like a numpty forgot about his bike. It's been sat 5+ years. Never used since he dropped it on a roundabout going very slowly. He did some superfical damage, a minor paintwork and chrome graze, and hurt his pride a lot. Never got on it again.

So he decides to give it to me.... I have no bike expirience! No helmet, No protective clothing, no licence or CBT. I do have a full UK car licence, and am not stupid/young enough to go out playing without all of the former been in place first!

I've made a thread over in the Customs section if people want to give me a hand in getting this machine back on the road, and me sat on it legally!

Like I said 0 bike expirience! Somone had to show me the left brake was the clutch :D

My thread is here :D

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

Welcome to the YOC! :wavey:

:welcome: good intro and never look a gift horse in the mouth. :)

now is when you start to live your life as riding a bike changes you for the better :thumb:

Welcome! How cool, being given a bike. Hope you can get her back on the road. Once you get your CBT you'll be itching to get your licence. Good luck :)

Well I've been arround the local bike shops today testing helmets. I tried on probably 30 helmets in various shops. Ended up with a caberg justissimo. www.webbikeworld.com/r2/motorcycle-helmet/caberg-justissimo/ I have an odd head aparrently. I'm an XS size and have a very round skull. Most of the helmets I tried on were massive, or didn't cup the back of my head at all. This one cups all the way round to my neck, And gives enough cheek pressure. I used to race karts and know what helmets work for me. Anything that can slide over the crown of my head will slip over my eyes at some point! So the cupping at the rear is essential.

I also picked up some gloves. I got poor mans winter gloves :D Just some carbon knuckle, Medium padded ones. I have a feeling they will end up been my spring/autumm gloves, as they neither have enough padding for winter, or enough ventalation for summer. For the season we're in they should be about perfect.

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online