NKOTB

flyday58
This post is 4098 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

file_zps4e10028d.jpg

file_zps8d0d372b.jpg

file_zps3b5d8c45.jpg

file_zps6d3f1f16.jpg

file_zps4671d0a5.jpg

Honest, they just keep following me home. Disregard the typical Southern U.S. yard debris. Recent tornado.

1971 R5B

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

Nice!! :thumb:

V.Nice. I wish a few would follow me home. :biglaugha:

Very nice Richard,no work needed with this one then eh ..so how many is it now?

Um, four-ish. Also looking at a 1971 Suzuki T500 and a 1967 Suzuki T20 X6 Hustler that the gentleman I bought the R5 from has. He actually owns 12 of the latter, all sitting in a shed gathering old age. Here they be:

DSCN2730_zps699f00e4.jpg

DSCN2736_zps57388ecc.jpg

DSCN2754_zpsd06b08b6.jpg

DSCN2757_zps35dd067b.jpg

The R5 had only been sitting 2 years since the owner died. He had 18 cycles when he passed and his widow is finally selling them off through the fellow who has these. I saw a listing on ebay for a 1967 Honda Superhawk, saw that it was only an hour from home and dropped the guy a line asking if, by chance, there was an R5, RD350, or Honda CB350/360/450 in the bunch. He replied that he had an R5 and that we could make a deal, so I went up there and was hooked.

It took very little to get it running - fresh oil, carbs cleaned, cleaned the tank with Deox-C that I had shipped from the UK, and just cleaned 2 years of dust off it. I've already put almost a hundred miles on it, just so much fun to ride. I have one small leak to sort, I think from the counter sprocket shaft, and then should be good for awhile.

Sad story about the previous owner. He loved bikes, obviously, and had invited Dan (the seller) to a meet and race in Kentucky. Everyone stayed in the guy's caravan (5th wheel to all you Gringos) and went to watch when the gentleman raced. Dan was taking pics as he cruised by, when about 50 feet past him the man went limp and crashed. He was dead when Dan got to him, but the paramedics said he was dead before he even hit the ground. Massive embolism. Gone just that quick. But he loved the races and was doing what he loved when he passed; hope I'm that fortunate when my time comes.

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online