Need help

Xeirky
This post is 4188 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Hello i just bought my first bike ever and i went with a 1979 Yamaha Xs750 but the only downside is that one of my carbs is bad and i cant find any info online to help me replace the bad carb can anyone please help me and give me info on this i would really love to ride the bike come may when the weather is nice out here in Minnesota. My current carb setup is 3 single Mikuni Carbs and the one on the right is bad apperntly the previous owner tried to drill out the needle and wrecked it and i just wanna replace it and not have to buy 3 new carbs

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

Hi Xeirky, Might be a good idea to do an "INTRO" new members section before diving in with a question, just friendly advice, nice to say Hi first when you meet new folks.

As to your carbs I think they are a 4 bolted together and if so then your going to have fun trying to separate them, usual deal is to replace the whole thing as this is easier than pissing about with trying to get them apart. Try EBAY for a replacement set. Or your local breakers yard.

If this is you first bike then I hope you have taken some form of training BEFORE you ride this thing, it's NOT like driving a car it will KILL YOU if you don't know what your doing, seriously you really need to find out what your local training centre recommends, ask around and see what is available. Not telling you what to do but anyone who gets on a bike without training is going to end up "AT BEST" in hospital. :soapbox::jossun:

Thanks for the advice Slice, Mines a 3 carb system and the outer carb is bad but i do have a mechanic to do the work for since i never liked working on carbs even on muscle cars i paid someone else to do that for me. and as for saying hello and stuff to other member how can i do that? i dont really understand how to use this forum yet. oh and as for training i used to own a dirt bike when i was younger.

Click forums then new members section right above where you posted this.

Nice to know Xeirky, just making sure you were safe is all, not trying to sound like your Dad! Glad that you can sort out the carb still might be better to buy a complete one rather than mess around with the dodgy one, Hope you get it sorted ready for the fine weather, if you ever visit the UK you will need a boat rather than a bike. :jossun:

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online