handlebars of when drivin straight

kearnsy123
This post is 4190 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

My brother in law bought my old 2000 fazer from me . Today he came over and asked me to take it for a ride as it doesnt feel right . So i did and when ur driving straight the handle bars arnt straight there slightly turned to the left . He said he didnt drop it r anything and ive compared the handle bars size lenght etc with my 2002 fazer and they look ok . Does anyone no what else it could b ? What to check etc

Thanks

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

Loosen the fork clamps off and give yhe bars a tweak like you used to with a pushbike. Then nip up the bolts...

What bolts would i loosen ?

Also i have my 2002 fazer here nxt to it and handle bars are exactly the same so dont seem to b bent

will try and find a diagram of what i mean, but you need to take the stress out of the triple trees, loosen the bolts that hold the forks into the yokes and get a mate to hold the front wheel straight whilst you move the handlebars, retighten the bolts when you are satisfied they wheels and bars are in line

happened to my DT50 when i binned it, tweak it until it feels right, if it has adverse handling after that it may be bent stanchions, best way to test them is mount them in a lathe and run a dial test indicator around the furthest end from the chuck

Thanks is it the allen key bolts on the forks ?

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online