dt running again.

Cynic
This post is 4190 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

well took longer than i wanted with work getting in the way and waiting for parts but she is back on the road.

Was brilliant. Turn on the fuel. Bleed the oil pump. Couple of kicks to prime. Pull choke and turn ig on. More in hope than anyexpectation. Started right up and sat there at around 1500rpm.

Great to have her back. The tdr is fun but my day to day go to is the dt. Pretty she aint. But every scrape is mine. You can keep the museum pieces.

Happy bunny....

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

I just cannot believe how easy she started. Litterally 3 kicks was all i needed.

Not big swinging angry stamps either just kicks. Did spend a good bit of time getting the timing spot on.

May be stating the obvious here to some but the flywheel keyway is at TDC transposing that to a mark you can see made it easy to set TDC then measure the advance needed.

All gen gaskets, gen piston kit. Replacement inlet manifold with a new airfilter. Again genuine. The bearings too are yam. Save for the output shaft bearing.

Suppose it should fire right up....

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online