XT125X Charging problems

This post is 4192 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

My xt125 was charging, it had a strong output of 14v then, I had a look on the battery meter on the dash it was on three bars then went to 6 (12v) while running, and its charging on a very low output, and just trying to know where to go from here as far as parts, I mean as far as a loose connections, its sparking and running alright its just the voltage being kept in the battery

Thanks for all the help

Pete

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

How old is the battery? I replaced the Lead-Acid battery on my XT to Motobatt AGM type a while back and even when it was new, the battery meter on the dash didn't show full bars. While not running, I have slightly more bars displayed on the meter and a slightly higher jump when running than your battery, so it might need replacing if it isn't already new (in which case it might be another issue). Also, are you using a decent charger such as an Optimate?

The battery is a month old, I mean I've got a 12v alternator testor for cars + bikes, and it used to be showing a strong output of 14v not its only showing weak output of 12v while running at 2k revs, so it must be a problem with the rectifier/regulator? I mean no I should get a good battery charger but I've only been using a sealy heavy duty 12/24v charger rarely,

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online