Lasted about a week

Grouch
This post is 4011 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.
  • Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Bloody hell Grouch.. you're better off stripping the whole bike down and rebuilding it from scratch!

I more or less have now, after this the bike should be fine.

Cables are a Piece of Cake to replace Grouch ...... be sure to lube it with Silicone spray bewfore installing, makes 'em last alot longer :icon_wink:

Cables are a Piece of Cake to replace Grouch ...... be sure to lube it with Silicone spray bewfore installing, makes 'em last alot longer :icon_wink:

Haven't got any, I'm going to pour a little bit of oil down the sleeve.

Haven't got any, I'm going to pour a little bit of oil down the sleeve.

Be careful with that oil can - if the cable is lined with nylon/teflon or similar you could feck it up as the lining can swell in reaction to the lube.

Be careful with that oil can - if the cable is lined with nylon/teflon or similar you could feck it up as the lining can swell in reaction to the lube.

Pete " he won"T sleep tonight now..... :eusa_doh:

LOL how long does it take to put on a cable 20 min or so,quit dicking around and just put the dam thing on,at the rate your breaking them by holding it wfo,it won't last long enough to need lubeing.

LOL how long does it take to put on a cable 20 min or so,quit dicking around and just put the dam thing on,at the rate your breaking them by holding it wfo,it won't last long enough to need lubeing.

I've only snapped 1

I've only snapped 1

LOL so far,get it on yet?

With all the repaires I lost track and though the last one lasted a week

Ultimate fucking failure, three bolts were threaded/seized and were impossible to unscrew. I have snapped my plastics (in temper) to get them off, then when I got to the final bolt on the tank it was totally rounded and seized through rust.

So I phoned the garage £25 to fit so fuck it it's getting done tomorrow. I really don't give a fuck about £25 it really stressed me out and there was no way I could get the bolts out. I should of just phoned the garage in the first place.

So now my plastics are snapped.

Bloody hell Grouch!!! What are you like? told you "SEE NICE MAN AT GARAGE" We have a new word now for anything that's broken or f***ed it's called "GROUCHED" :shakeno:

PS just so you don't feel to bad mine failed the MOT yesterday, front wheel bearings were "GROUCHED" :chair:

It's alright mate, sometimes you have to give up and say HELP!

Oh Grouch... Glad it's a cheap fix this time.

never mind grouch, its all part of the learning curve, or in your case learning cliff :spin2:

even the rest of my family are following your escapades and they don't like motorbikes!

never mind grouch, its all part of the learning curve, or in your case learning cliff :spin2:

even the rest of my family are following your escapades and they don't like motorbikes!

Haha glad some people are enjoying my misery

Holy duck you have no luck with fixin things,might be best for you to just let someone else do it for you,untill you can get someone to show you how to do things.Hope the broken plastic dosn't cost much to fix,what did you break?

A impact driver would have made short work of the seized bolts.http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Impact_driver

O well you have given us a new way of sayin things "GROUCHED"and have a good sence of hummor.

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online