dt 125 r oil pump

cathunter
This post is 4113 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

hi iv got a dt 125 r 1996 im doing up for my girlfrend . I was told when i bought it that the 2 stroke oil pump maybe wasn't working. I put a new accelator cable on and did the test with pulley and that seems fine. The pump moves up and down. I checked the oil adjustment and thats fine. Is there any other way i can be sure that its taking 2 stroke in ? I am just paranoid that when it starts being used i will end up with a whole heap of problems if the 2 stroke is not going in !

Thanks for any help.

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

Sounds fine. They are generally blamed for just about everything. You name it people blame the pump.

In 25plus years of running 2 strokes i have never know one fail. It is a very basic plunger pump. Running in lubricant of all things. It should never pack up.

Follow the manual and things should be golden. One tip i can give. Swap the black pipe on the 2 stroke system for clear on both feed and supply sides of the pump then you can see it working.

With the engine running, turn the pump pulley by hand to pump more oil and if you remove the oil pipe onto the carb you should see oil pumping out the end of the pipe. Obviously don't leave the pipe disconnected for more then a few seconds as you won't have oil going to the engine. Also worth making sure the system is bled ok. Make sure you have plenty of two stroke oil in the oil tank. With the engine stopped remove the small cross head screw on the side of the pump which usually has an orange washer under it and let the oil run out for a couple of minutes. Replace the screw and with engine running turn the pump pulley by hand to pump more oil to bleed the pipe from the pump to the carb.

No problem. Appreciate the feedback too. Doesent happen very often.

Glad its all sorted.