Fz600 harness on an fj600

Jokidd82
This post is 4189 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

I have copies of both schematics and both bikes use the same parts. Cdi, flasher relay, side stand relays.....

My only question is on the fz, there is one wire leading back to the flasher relay.

The fj uses 2 wires. One goes to the flasher relay and the other goes to the starter switch.

Being both bikes have the same engine, and same parts why the extra wire on the fj and is it needed?

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

Quick guess......... common ground. due to the location of both parts on the fz vs the fj.. so if it's a ground then yes it needs to be grounded.

But if so why. Its the same bike only with an added headlight.

Ill look at the pages again but why wiuld the solenoid need a ground if the fz doesnt use it. I dont think the solenoid is case grounded but that is a possibility. I have the flu or something so i shall figure it out later this week.

Your over thinking it .... just differrent . Read the diagram and all will be clear grass hopper :shrug: The frames are way dif so parts got moved thats why. :biggrinbounce: They did it cause they could

O hope you don't mind a bit of harrasing now and then sick or not.

negatory.

I finally decided this morning against doing this. One because it be kinda of confusing to cut wires and attach new connectors and two if i sold it and someone had to work on it, it'll just piss someone off and make things worse.

I'll just sell this harness and continue searching for an fj600 harness. There is one on ebay for 70 so i might hop on it if i cant find another cheaper.

actually i have another harness question.

I have seen a few candaian market harness's on ebay. US the fj was produced 84 and 85 for those of you who don't know. Now i don 't have a schematic of a newer produced fj or called the diversion or whatever weak boring name it is... Are they still the same harness or because of europian laws are there some differences. Reason i ask is it doesn't seem there are many of these roaming the planet anymore so obviously the more chance of me finding parts the better.

I also need to source an engine gasket kit but i think i'll have to just get a top end kit and reuse some seal or order them individually.

Could you not make a loom. Its not massively expensive. You can also tailer the loom to you making it as complex.(i went for bombroof) or simple as you choose.

You say the bikes are very similar. If its the lighting and cdi that vary then work on that and keep the base loom for reliability.

I could but the numerous wires i would need and then actual connectors that fit the oem pins would be costly after a bit.

I could spend 100 bucks or spend almost that making it..... i'll just look around the internet for one.

So i ended up finding a used harness on ebay for 22 with shipping. I can't believe my luck on that. I've also managed to score a cluster with wiring and a bracket for 22 as well.

Aside from the battery and a crusty fuel sender i pulled last night thats pretty much all the electronics i need at this point. I have an Ingnitor, though i have no idea if its good, and the flasher unit x3. I'm sure at least one of them is working.

I'll put the FZ harness on here soon if someone needs it. I'd rather help a fellow rider out than rape someone on ebay for 25 year old parts.

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online