FJ600 bucket owner

Jokidd82
This post is 4198 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

I would like to say hi and then more importantly why i need help. I have 73 pictures so far of what i have got myself into. But first about me. I have one class left at the.community college where i will have an auto motive service degree. Yes you can get one. I did that because i wanted to learn the correct way. I have made quite a few bikes sing again. My first and pride and joy is my 75 Kawasaki triple. I bought it for 125 dollars not running but complete. My father helped me quite a bit but within a week i had new points and condensors. It fogged out the road. 2 stroke oil that hasnt burned in 27 years is nasty....times 3. Anyway, im doing this on my phone so please excuse the typos. Im working on buying a house so no internet for the moment. Now my problem. I bought a titled fj600 for 125 dollars. The guy claimed most of it was there. So far i had a rusty tank, an engine that was in the yard on its side, a rack of carbs laying in the yard next to junk, and a harness that looks like spaghetti. I have had a real treat spending money on this turd to the moment. Im trying to budget 1000 on it. So far now i have rear panels, the correct wheel and rear brake, an oil cooler, repaired the carbs minus o,rings and washers for the pilots, and fixed the bottom engine oil feed lines. I still need rings and such but im on track. Now my biggest challenge is to try to use an fz600 harness on it. Wiring looks almoat identical so i need help using that harness with my controls or maybe someone on here has an fj600 harness that is useable for a non ebay price and i can make an aweaome deal on this harness. Thanks and ill post more later.

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

yo jokidd welcome to the YOC.

Best bet is to get a wiring diagram for both the fz and fj and check them against eachother. Headlight/tail, sigs, controls, horn starter will be the same. Where you might run into problems is when you get to the cdi and voltage reg the pin locations migh be different. or different plugs

What cdi are you using the fj or fz?

Ps you should move you ? to workshop the new members section dosen't get as many views and gets lost fast.

Moving the whole post would not help as its the intro too.

Better to copy the actual question part across. Then start a thread in the workshop or maybe better, projects.

I have copies of both but im about to post in workshop. I wasnt actually asking anything being this is new members. I was just giving an insight of why i joined.

And it is much appreciated.

Far too often it is a short sentance and then a demand for infomation. Hell some dont even bother with punctuation.

Projects would be the place for this. Done in blog format with pictures people can follow and give advice help etc.

You may find you need the matching components for the ig. That will want the primary coils and cdi to match up.

Welcome jokidd! :wavey: good work with the S1 ,,, easy motors to work on them triples, :thumb: